REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if everyone else was super slow right now.. is it this time of year or what is going on??

We work for 2 nationals and 1 work is steady the other seems to have dropped down to 1 a week???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
When I was trucking I had a very seasoned trucking veteran tell me that election years suck for freight. Presidential election years really suck.
Seemed to hold true during the time I was trucking.

It has to do with the uncertainty of what party is going to be in power and how business friendly they appear to be as to how likely folks are to want and spend money on getting work done.

Couple that with the foreclosure slow down due to Dem pressure on the banks to not piss off potential Dem voters I think both things have some thing to do with the lack of work.


Me I do mostly local work now. 99.9%
Sure is nice.
Right now I'm holding a $1700 check for payment on a project I have not even started.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
We have worked in REO/PP as a sideline for more than a decade. We knew three years ago when we were doubling our revenue every 30 days that this industry has a finite lifespan and that it would eventually go back to a trickle. No different from a gold rush. Good advise if you have a slow week would be to catch up on your errands Monday, then spend the rest of the week planning for another way to grow. It will continue to ebb and flow but the teet is drying up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
kninegirl said:
Hey I was just wondering if everyone else was super slow right now.. is it this time of year or what is going on??

We work for 2 nationals and 1 work is steady the other seems to have dropped down to 1 a week???
Hell I'd take that I don't get one a week here and I work for 5 nationals :
FAS
DSI
LAMECO ( 3X rediculous pricing ) because they dont pay short of 150 days
3 POINT
AIM Americas INFO (Idiot) MART

Local REALTORS

LAst property I rolled was 3 weeks ago

like lenard skynard says "I gotta find a break in this action or I'm gonna loose my mind - don't ask me any no questions and I won't tell you no lies "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
GTX63 said:
We have worked in REO/PP as a sideline for more than a decade. We knew three years ago when we were doubling our revenue every 30 days that this industry has a finite lifespan and that it would eventually go back to a trickle. No different from a gold rush. Good advise if you have a slow week would be to catch up on your errands Monday, then spend the rest of the week planning for another way to grow. It will continue to ebb and flow but the teet is drying up.
2015 is when the industry is projected to come back I was told at a conference
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
splinterpicker said:
2015 is when the industry is projected to come back I was told at a conference





Oh well, I'm over here enjoying life working for local customers.


If there is ever a paying wage in the industry again I'm not against doing the work.
It was always an adventure and some thing new at each property.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
BPWY said:
Oh well, I'm over here enjoying life working for local customers.


If there is ever a paying wage in the industry again I'm not against doing the work.
It was always an adventure and some thing new at each property.
COPY THAT :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
BPWY said:
Oh well, I'm over here enjoying life working for local customers.

If there is ever a paying wage in the industry again I'm not against doing the work.
It was always an adventure and some thing new at each property.
Aren't wages what employees get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Aren't wages what employees get?
and time off ?? owners get headaches long hours and if fortunate a picture of their wife above the visor of the truck to remember what she looks like. And lets not forget the hot phone to L&I, State department of revenue and the quarterly reminders that we are really not self employed but an extension of the most corrupt government in the WORLD.
 
G

·
My business slowed down this week. My customers went on a vacation and I have to wait for them to start power washing and window cleaning. But when they all come back I will get busy again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
thanohano44 said:
Aren't wages what employees get?



Lets get all technical here. :rolleyes: :whistling



You know what I mean. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
I'm a high price ho.


Whats it pay?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top