·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
EXTREMELY.......interesting...

·
Registered
751 Posts
I read it and it says basically that if you do anything other than lawn cuts and are not a GC you are breaking a whole bunch of laws.

I agree and disagree with it. It depends on the work you do. I am not a GC, but there is still alot of work I can do legally. I make it a point to know what I can and cannot do legally.

I am the guy who calls local and state code enforcement and explains the situation and ask if I can do something. Florida has some of the strictest licensing laws in the country. Just getting your GC license in Florida will get you one in about 7 other states.

FYI - you do not have to be a GC to do roofing in Florida, but you better have a roofing license if you are replacing more than a few shingles. I had this conversation last week with the code official for Deland, Florida. After talking with him I still will not climb on a roof. The only thing I have to do with shingles is picking thme up out of the yard.

I guess it all comes down to knowing what you can and cannot do without ending up in an orange jumpsuit. When in doubt I do not do it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good read.. My main question is that..where would all these companies find tues plumbers and mold remediation companies. & **** anything else they would need.. Any person can go down and get a GC Lisc it doesn't mean they know anything bout anything..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts