Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can not do grass re-cuts for $15.00
We can not change locks for $10.00
We can not install lock boxes for $12.50
We can not board a 16 x 32 pool for $250 & buy the lumber
We can not perform a winterization properly for $30.00
We can not trash out a property with 50 cyds-sales clean & initial grass cut (36") for $325.00
We can not install a 16 x 20 roof tarp for $75.00
Now I have reached out to my fellow contractors on this matter-lets keep it going....
My point is we can all sit at home and make no money-why run all over hells half acre trying to convince yourself that you are making money. If you can not make money off of 1 W/O your not going to make money off of 1,000 Work orders....

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Most other companies can't do it either, but there seems to be a lot of them that make their photos look like they can.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kno3w...I just can't bring myself to do that...

·
Registered
616 Posts
makes me wonder when these companies are going to get it . The OLD mindframe is going to come to an end of "well there is always someone willing to do it" as the economy gets better people are going to find better than minimum wage paying jobs that these out sourcing companies have to offer. Keep a level head and learn to enjoy the down time it is hard butI have found it to be VERY rewarding to be called back after rejecting a job getting the canned answer of " we will get teh other contractor to do it". 3 weeks later I get it back at MY price PLUS !!

Cant fix their poor money magement. The only thing I can fix is what I have control over.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

How would anyone even attempt to do a pool cover for that price, even if you used 2x4's you couldn't make any money (if you could even get the 2x4's to span without breaking) ? The last one I did that size cost me over $300 in materials.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where do you get those prices?
$25/cy
$90 wint
Re-cut $25
Lock change is $35

All these are minimums.... I would tell them exactly what to do with those prices.
Find another sucker. Just don't call me when they bail and are 4 days late on orders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts