REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to make the standardized pricing work from a national and it just is not worth it. I have been in a push and push harder with one over a 2 item bid and they call with a rehab request. PASS was the second word out of my mouth. Hello was the first. The last one was goodbye.

Does anyone use the standardized pricing and make any money ???

Does SG require plumbing repairs to be bid on both PPR and REO properties ?? If so is it an eyeball or hard bid submitted to the client for possible approval ??

Thanks ALL

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,409 Posts
our first question. I find myself passing on the bids most the time also....
Can
t help on the SG Q's don't deal with them...I just continue to hear the rumblings of more and more being asked for every service and less and less revenue for every service it seems......

·
Contractor
486 Posts
As I see it...Standarized pricing is a policy that results from in-experienced desk jockeys who think they know the business. They cut each others throat to get the work from the banks.
After they've figured they've low-balled the work, they put their collective minds together an develop thier, take 2/3's of the pie an offer the balance out. They dress these low-ball offers up on a nice sheet an lay it all down as the Standardized Pricing for legitimate contractors to laugh at.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I do not use standard pricing for a lot of items. I bid what I must to make a profit. When they say my bid is to high I always give them my standard answer, that is fine have someone else do it.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Safeguard wants an eyeball estimate on plumbing; of course they would love you to give a free detailed line item bid with material breakdowns if you are willing...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts