REO Property Preservation Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
not that I do many trash out anymore! This my main trailer I use to us for them. Stopped working for Cyprixx`s ,got to the point I was breaken even or losing money on there thrash outs. Was forced to do recurring stuff to get trash outs. I mainly do work for five brothers and NFR. Do not get a lot of trash out with them, but when I do I makehttp://www.preservationtalk.com/images/attach/jpg.gif pretty good money on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
The first trailer in my pics was a "specialty trailer". It was designed with the missing panel and extra rail for couches, big ass televisions, and pianos. This way we could fold the bar down, load the big item last, lift the bar and strap it securely.

We got tired of having to put couches on top of the load as a "lid" so we gave it its own special place.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dot..

Dont most of your states have dot inspections? im not knocking your trailers but i know where im at Our dots wouldnt allow that.. Thats why i got dumps. solid walls with a tarp that fits quater way down the trailer.. Dot here looks for anything to fall out of the trailer and tag you on it..

·
Registered
256 Posts
not that I do many trash out anymore! This my main trailer I use to us for them. Stopped working for Cyprixx`s ,got to the point I was breaken even or losing money on there thrash outs. Was forced to do recurring stuff to get trash outs. I mainly do work for five brothers and NFR. Do not get a lot of trash out with them, but when I do I makehttp://www.preservationtalk.com/images/attach/jpg.gif pretty good money on them.

How well did the panels keep stuff in? We've been using hardware cloth for years but I always though that chainlink would be better.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm sure someone has mentioned this before but the best "tarp" for covering a load is an old trampoline. It stretches and breathes so its not flapping in the wind. Just thought I would throw this out there:yes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
How well did the panels keep stuff in? We've been using hardware cloth for years but I always though that chainlink would be better.
works really good! don`t have anything falling trailer and no tarping load. we have DOT here and was pulled over . didn`t at time have a trailer breakaway. Dot didn`t have a problem did set up. I had to get DOT number and in Kentucky found I had to have a solid waste licences.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We own a dump trailer and never use it. Sides on the car trailers give us more space to fill than the dump trailer will hold. Also many of the dumps we have to uise in rural areas are transfer stations and have low rafters.

We have the loader driver hook onto our chain and back up, The trailer unloads in seconds. The other nice thing about car trailers is we have 12,000 winches on all of them. We can pull trees, abandoned vehicles whatever up into the trailer. Can't do that with a dump trailer.

EZdayman has a great dump set up though. I have never seen a trailer that big locally. I have been doing some research though it looks like I can get one pretty easily.
We have dump trailers, as well as just about every other trailer you could use to move things. The dumps are great when you go to the dump and just push a button and the junk falls out. My problem is that I have a roofing company contract and do about four roof jobs a week. Roofers could care less about your trailers. They will fill it to the max, and then some over the top. Securing the load is a nightmare sometimes. People tell me to just dump some out right in the customers drive way, but I highly doubt that would fly very well. Any of you find a way to end the roofers abuse on dump trailers?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts