REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rain in Charlotte, NC is falling fast and furious and it is a good time for some reflection.

Stuff Happens!

Today I am recalling a story from my days in Corp America. While at a major US bank, my daily task was to review and draft/revise contracts. Often times the business unit I supported would come to me with a contract basically looking for a rubber stamp approval because "we've been doing business with them for X years and have not had an issue". On a very particular day an "issue" arose that soured the business relationship and the trust that built up for X years quickly eroded as notice of termination letters went out and lawyers fees racked up. Needless to say, a new relationship with a new company started the very next year.

This story gets me through some rough patches as a business owner--STUFF Happens! You never know the time, the date or the circumstance but the prospect that you are trying to court WILL have an issue with their current property preservation vendor and when that happens YOU WILL get a phone call.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
There's so much truth to that it's scary,tommorow will mark a week that i've been chasing a final payment for a project that we completed two weeks ago for a long time customer (going on two years of consistent work) at the end of the project the client added on a bunch of extras after paying all except the completion portion of the original contract so we did them without a change order(I know, I know)and Friday I get an email telling me our payment is approved and they will call when my check was ready later that afternoon....crickets ,caught up with the expediter yesterday and got the old "that's not my dept." speech,accounting won't respond to emails or calls.

I will collect but this little episode has left a very bad after taste as far as going forward with them which very well may be a moot point anyways as now that I think about it,one day while we were doing the project I got a text from the expediter telling me not to move over to the next job when we finished there even though it had been scheduled like a month previously:blink: and now the phone has stopped ringing with new work from them:shifty:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.