REO Property Preservation Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Not sure on the venting code, but the tee used in this scenario is most likely a 'sanitary tee' that would prevent the upper from draining into the lower.
Okay, not to get into a pissing match but having to traps and the outlet pipes stacked as they are is not industry standard. And talking to my plumber a bit ago if the right basin is full of water, for example you're doing dishes. When you pull that plug the volume of water leaving that sink could potentially suck some of the water out of the trap on the disposal side. This is why he has always run one trap under a sink. He is a 20 year master plumber so I trust his judgement.

Thats not installed correct or to code. The only way it would be if it had two separate lines for venting. That current setup only one side is vented and that the side without the disposal so that trash disposal would drain super slower and be always clogged up. The only way to tell is to tear open the wall.
See this alot in Wisconsin. The lower line is considered to be a "wet" vent as the upper line drains the water from above. It flys around here as long the vertical drain stack in the wall is 2". The vent line above these can be 1 1/2". At least that's the way my plumber explained it to me. I'm not 100% sure, but I see this on every home with a garbage disposal or one that is "wired for one". Maybe thats why :confused1:

See this alot in Wisconsin. The lower line is considered to be a "wet" vent as the upper line drains the water from above. It flys around here as long the vertical drain stack in the wall is 2". The vent line above these can be 1 1/2". At least that's the way my plumber explained it to me. I'm not 100% sure, but I see this on every home with a garbage disposal or one that is "wired for one". Maybe thats why :confused1:
Gotta be a regional thing then. Seems like a waste of materials for no good reason.

i went to one on a p4c in the spring the barrel valve at the water meter was leaking the plumbing froze that winter and the pvc pipes was trashed, the house was flooded, called the water dept they repaired the meter, i bit to remove the debris 8 to 10 yards a room and shop-vac the water off the floors, remove the carpet and haul off to the dump. the bid approval came in two weeks later, was to move all the debris to one room and remove the carpet and return the debris back to the location in which it was found. two mattress per room on the floor, boxes of wet clothes and trash, 300 lbs of wet raw garbage, debris and trash piled 4 foot in every room. i informed them the order was to be reassigned. the order was reassigned and the field service rep was back charged (no pay), because the photos didn't show how much water was shop-vac up. the chip wood sub floors had 12" swells, the interior doors had to be removed to open. DAHAA.????? FAQ and the horse you road in on is what i say.!!
FAS requires you clean/perform initial janitorials on all properties. Regardless of condition. As for mold, they say they have to do the work regardless, unless there is a 100 "continuous feet" of mold. Ive advised them that their contract might require them to do so, but my personal judgement tells me otherwise. They fet mad when you bid to have a pro come in and remedy the situation before doing any work. I've had homes for them where weeds are growing in the house. I bid an interior grass cut to honor their contract.

This is one of many reasons after 8 years with them I said Aloha means good bye.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.