REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to property preservation and wondering if there is no power at the property do are we supposed to connect the sump pump to our generator to see if it works?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi I'm new to property preservation and wondering if there is no power at the property do are we supposed to connect the sump pump to our generator to see if it works?
If you want to be 100 percent sure. It doesn't pay enough for me to take the time to see. If the property does not have power I just make sure everything looks connected. If the property preservation company wants to know for sure they need to get power on. It should be on anyway since it has a sump pump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You better make sure that it works. Otherwise, Most Nationals will jump at the opportunity to make sure you replace it with a New one for free. It blows my mind that there are still vendors working for Nationals. By the time We stopped, The nationals already had taken almost 100% of the meat off of the bone. As other "ole timers" will attest there was a day and time that vendors could make a really nice living working exclusively for Nationals. Unfortunately, that "day" has long passed by. We kept plugging away for a couple of years longer than we probably should have waiting on things to change for the better. Things got worse instead so we stepped away and have not worked for a National in 5 years. Life is so much better without that Headache!!! But, I do log in here pretty regular just to keep an eye on the industry if any of the other "ole timers" are around.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You better make sure that it works. Otherwise, Most Nationals will jump at the opportunity to make sure you replace it with a New one for free. It blows my mind that there are still vendors working for Nationals. By the time We stopped, The nationals already had taken almost 100% of the meat off of the bone. As other "ole timers" will attest there was a day and time that vendors could make a really nice living working exclusively for Nationals. Unfortunately, that "day" has long passed by. We kept plugging away for a couple of years longer than we probably should have waiting on things to change for the better. Things got worse instead so we stepped away and have not worked for a National in 5 years. Life is so much better without that Headache!!! But, I do log in here pretty regular just to keep an eye on the industry if any of the other "ole timers" are around.

If you don't understand the law the nationals might con you into replacing it for free. Nationals can not legally make you replace something for free. Chargebacks can only be charged for work that was not completed up to code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not necessarily you should advise property coordinator that there is no power and a sump pump is present and utilities need to be activated at the property for the sump pump to work.

·
Contractor
488 Posts
Hear...hear!!! :ROFLMAO: Takin the responsibility for wet wintz-$100, people are outta their minds.
I ditched pp a few years ago. Like you said, can't make a living at it anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts