REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a property here in CT that is just buried in debris, and not the normal stuff. The house has transmissions, engines, all various kinds of hazardous materials like chemicals and motor oil, car parts-anyway to make a long story short the junk is spread allover inside and out. So I put in my bids for inside outside stuff. My count on the inside for debris was 59CYD which I bid at a sight discount off of HUD price for cube as this work is direct from the lender with no middlemen in between. Well just for giggles the realtor had a few others bid and one guy submits a bid that just says "I will remove and dispose of all debris inside for $700 flat, and for another $300 he would clean the debris in the yard:blink:

Our bids were approved and if it were not for the fact that im a perfectionist, I would let the guy come in and pay him out of my pocket and still make quite a few dollars for doing nothing at all :shifty:

I know the guy is small time, but how the heck he could come up with a number like that is beyond me-as it would cost more than $700 to properly dispose of this stuff in CT, so I have no clue how he plans to make enough to stay in business.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
Will it be worth it to sub it to him and you do the QC and clean up to protect your reputations....

to teach a lesson I'm just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
500, 1500 and 5k seem to be the tier levels on bids for us. $500 will get instant approval; $1500 and over will need two bids and anything over 5k will need three. I have used the lo baller to haul away the debris before and then had a sales clean crew follow up behind them and finish the debris and polishing; really not worth the trouble IMHO.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I also am getting more guys offering to remove the debris for little or nothing in exchange for all scrap. Without dump receipts you are really out on a limb.

·
Registered
172 Posts
sounds like a scrapper. We are getting $170.00 a ton unprepared here. It doesn't take alot of engine blocks to turn into $$$. Oil and chems. are free around here on curtain days of the month...

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

sounds like a scrapper. We are getting $170.00 a ton unprepared here. It doesn't take alot of engine blocks to turn into $$$. Oil and chems. are free around here on curtain days of the month...
that is kind of what I was thinking, the oil and car fluids can go straight to the auto shop (a lot of local places even heat with waste oil and will pay for it) and the scrap could easily make it worth his while. As long as its mostly scrap and not just 3 engines and then 50yds of crap.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I know the guy is small time, but how the heck he could come up with a number like that is beyond me-as it would cost more than $700 to properly dispose of this stuff in CT, so I have no clue how he plans to make enough to stay in business.

When I was doing it I had a similar deal with a guy getting Altisource work.

A couple of real bad ones he undercut me by half.
One I happened to drive by while he was there, and talked to him about it.
We talked prices and he agreed that it was so bad that my price was much closer to reality than his.......... but he didn't learn.
Next job........ 50% of mine, and it was a bad one too.
He got most of the debris but did a real spray and go operation when it came time for the janitorial.
No where close to what I would have done.

I'm not sure why they never learn.

Reactions: Scrappy

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will it be worth it to sub it to him and you do the QC and clean up to protect your reputations....

to teach a lesson I'm just sayin'...

Only because there is a lot more approved there we have to do and we will be onsite anyway this has become an experiment-I will gladly let all know how it turns out.

Debris gone and broom swept Ill cut him a check Thursday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

this is one case I do not care, if he can take all that stuff n turn a dollar so be it-thing to remember here is the brunt of this job is the 59 CYD interior-rest of the work is just a cake walk-

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I also am getting more guys offering to remove the debris for little or nothing in exchange for all scrap. Without dump receipts you are really out on a limb.
Dump receipt?? I have never been asked for one. We have rural green boxes here that we can dump debris in if there's not a lot of it. The local coyotes and ravens don't know how to write or I would ask them for a receipt. Many times when we haul it to the landfill we are not charged.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Not for Nationals. Those boobs have no business knowing where or how much I pay to dispose of debris. I meant for evidence it was legally disposed if the Po Po should stop by your place of business. I have had guys approach me and offer basement floor bids on debris removel, too good to be true. It isn't hard to trace fly dumped trash to the lender and back to you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
as far as dump reciepts i black out teh weight and costs unless it helps me as its none of there business what i pay I was questioned on this and stated why you going to pay me more if its heavier ? when did my operational costs factor anywhere on your cost of doing business i have a stock picture of the scale house price board showing what they charge and will snap some pics of the unload but that is it they pay by the cubic yard regardless if its goose feathers or bowling balls

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah in a pinch we had tried to hire someone for a pretty straightforward debris removal in an urban area. A guy responded and said he'd remove 40 CYD for $200. We questioned him where he was disposing it and he said that it was a dumpster emptied weekly that he was allowed to use. We asked him if we could get before/after photos of this "dumpster" he was using, he refused, of course. We ended up going with someone much higher, knowing of course the other guy was doing something fishy.

Not for Nationals. Those boobs have no business knowing where or how much I pay to dispose of debris. I meant for evidence it was legally disposed if the Po Po should stop by your place of business. I have had guys approach me and offer basement floor bids on debris removel, too good to be true. It isn't hard to trace fly dumped trash to the lender and back to you.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Definitely fishy.

The guy was a dumbaxx at 200 even with "free" dumping.
My labor on 40 cylinders is at least that much.
I for Damn sure ain't working that hard myself for a meager 200.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

Definitely fishy.

The guy was a dumbaxx at 200 even with "free" dumping.
My labor on 40 cylinders is at least that much.
I for Damn sure ain't working that hard myself for a meager 200.
ya its hard to move 40 yards of anything for $200, maybe if I had a roll off and it was just large light furniture

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah we ended up renting a 40 CYD for $385-$400 and paid the sub to load it only.

I just paid $510ish for a 30 CYD dumpster emptied twice in a different town.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts