REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you bid this as debris or as a vehicle? Get a couple of opinions, and I'll tell you what I did and why.

·
Registered
688 Posts
A vehicle..last time we hauled off a junker the owner came looking for it.I had to go and get it from the guy i paid to haul it off and bring it back.

Oh and he called the bank and made a big stink about.But they did pay me for my trouble.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You should bid zero. The trailer you can resell on craigslist. The jeep you can chop up and scrap. The gas cans you can resell or save for mowers. In all reality you should feel privilaged to be getting work and do it as a free favor too get more work in the future from whatever natty assigned it to you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Neither. It's on an immobile trailer and the jeep itself is in rough shape. You need a flatbed to haul it. $650 to remove, put in as a separate bid from the rest of the debris. To reduce in place and haul away, $775.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, here's how I see it. It's debris. The frame is not attached to the body. Therefore it is no longer a vehicle. It's parts. Also, it's a pre 1974 vehicle (it looks like an old Willis) therefore you do not have to have title to scrap it.

So, it's debris. I bid it as 8 cyds. But, it's all moot. I'm pretty sure the owner will be back to claim it before I'm allowed to remove anything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's definitely someone valued parts... Being a Jeep collector myself. Now if it was an old Chevy pickup it would be scrap...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts