REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While many of my friends are gawking over what they plan on doing with their small government fortunes they will aquire, I loath the tax season. I'm sure everyone will just say "get a good accountant" which i have. But anyone know of any new possible "tax savings" or (legal) shortcuts? So far it looks like i may be buying the military a couple hellfire missiles.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
The tax laws they are a changing my friend. I have not looked into the specifics this year but I expect my contribution to help save us from that fiscal cliff will be a little heavier this year. I was one of the "big tax refund" guys in my younger years and it took me a while to realize I'm better off with the money in my pocket all year than to loan it to the government interest free.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The tax laws they are a changing my friend. I have not looked into the specifics this year but I expect my contribution to help save us from that fiscal cliff will be a little heavier this year. I was one of the "big tax refund" guys in my younger years and it took me a while to realize I'm better off with the money in my pocket all year than to loan it to the government interest free.
I think we are going over the cliff this year despite what the lemming media and politicians say. It frosts me that they expect to pull a first time in history of people event. This would to be (1) increase government, they sure are niot reducing it, (2) PAy down the debt, (3) Not raise taxes. Where is the money comming from and how can you in essence spend the same dollar 3 times ??

At that point it won't matter if you have money (fiat currency) that is being printed and further devaluing the dollar. GOLD thats it for me.

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
59 1099's we sent out today. My way of helping the Post Office.

Personally taxes will raise a few percentage points BUT after sitting through a 4 hr employer course on Obammacare we are screwed next year. I wish I knew that 2012 taxes are the determining factor in the amount you will pay in 2013. I would have pre-paid ALL my good subs accepted electrical, Hvac and plumbing estimates to lower the 2012 gross.

Its looking like I will "retire" by May 2013 from all the big jobs and kinda take it easy till 2014.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
The deadline on idiotnohealth care will be pushed out.

When has one single gooberment program gone off on the deadline?????

crickets................

Even DOT regs for truckers usually get pushed back, the "real ID" act got pushed back a couple years. etc etc etc

With roughly 1/3 of the states not setting up their own exchange as a way to protest the feds have more on their plates in all of this than what they could possibly handle.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
I was just telling someone this morning...The $500 we spend on the accuntant is an investment....

·
Registered
203 Posts
You must have one cheap accoutant or they work for cheap in your area. I pay over 10k to mine a year

How much stuff does he complete for that price?

[[/B]UOTE=Cleanupman;42391]I was just telling someone this morning...The $500 we spend on the accuntant is an investment....[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

You must have one cheap accoutant or they work for cheap in your area. I pay over 10k to mine a year

How much stuff does he complete for that price?

[[/B]UOTE=Cleanupman;42391]I was just telling someone this morning...The $500 we spend on the accuntant is an investment....
[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing, I didn't think H&R block would do a business for $500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts