REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man working for a property management company smashed a vacant home's window so he could get paid by his employer to fix it, police said.
Officers responded to the vacant Sleepy Hollow Road home for a report of a suspicious man on the property Saturday, according to police.

Ryan Smith, 25, of Bogota, had broken a window so he could fix it and his property management company would pay him for the work, police said.

Smith was arrested and taken to the Denville Police Department, where he was charged with criminal mischief, according to police.

He was given a court date and released, police said.

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

I was at one of my rental properties today and the house next door is foreclosed . I saw some guys working on it. Turns out they were doing electrical, but at first it looked like he was working on the window. I knew the window wasn't broken so for a second I thought "did he just break that window so he could get paid to board it" but then I realized that boarding pays so little its not worth the effort.

I did catch them doing a "trashout" by walking through the yard taking a pic of trash, kicking it to the side and taking another pic.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I saw where a brother's vendor kicked a door OUT to make work.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I was at a property a few days ago that someone secured. It was a PFC property. The neighbors started talking to me and asked about the guys who secured the home. They started to tell me about these guys loading up their trailer with things from the house.The started to tell me about how these guys said they only get paid to remove one load t a time. I made some phone calls, and turns out they robbed that place blind.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,436 Posts
Property Management company....
Are you sure that was someone from our industry???
We have a client that is a Property Management Company...We do their Janitorials when people move out of their units...they have absolutely nothing to do with the Preservation Industry...
Just asking as there is a possibility that the guy was not in the industry...

On the flip side I do see this behavior all the time...hate to be a rat but it does give us all a bad name and I do report things when we see them....

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
What a moron boarding pays so little. He is probably using free wood from trash outs and still footing the bill! On top of waiting 120days to get paid. GENIUS!

·
Banned
232 Posts
Property Management company....
Are you sure that was someone from our industry???
We have a client that is a Property Management Company...We do their Janitorials when people move out of their units...they have absolutely nothing to do with the Preservation Industry...
Just asking as there is a possibility that the guy was not in the industry...

On the flip side I do see this behavior all the time...hate to be a rat but it does give us all a bad name and I do report things when we see them....

Yes i am sure. I contacted the Regional. He was one of theirs. They dont even know how he got the work order (or they are not saying) He did it to a few others also.The owner of the company said " Oh well,thats why the contractor has insurance" Really? WTF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts