REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://youtu.be/_-yVHhjwHec

So i had bet one of my buddies i could edge, mow, and blow off my lawn in under 5 minutes. He didnt believe me so i made a video to prove it. What do you guys think? Yes i know it could be faster with a zero turn or riding mower but there not practical for small yards.

By the way, its at my house, not a clients house. Grass was wet since i mowed in the morning and sprinklers were on at 5am. had not mowed her in 2 weeks enjoy :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
Return to property and take more before pictures showing the house in the background to avoid an invoice reduction. Please submit results by close of business today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
While you are back at the property taking the required photos, please be sure to get street sign, address and front of house pictures, along with exterior condition photos. Be sure to take at least 50 photos and include the roof. Have these in before 5pm.

Sincerely your state cordinator.

After watching the video please return to property and remove clipping left in street by your crew.

·
Registered
256 Posts
While you are back at the property taking the required photos, please be sure to get street sign, address and front of house pictures, along with exterior condition photos.
The street signs are what kill me, but I'm getting pretty good at nabbing them at 30mph with my arm out the window.

Other then that you need a bigger mower, my deere would have done that in 2 passes and I can take the pics on the fly. I bet you could get that down to 2 min if you tried.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
The street signs are what kill me, but I'm getting pretty good at nabbing them at 30mph with my arm out the window.

Other then that you need a bigger mower, my deere would have done that in 2 passes and I can take the pics on the fly. I bet you could get that down to 2 min if you tried.
Or, you could just spray Roundup on that lawn & spend 0.0 minutes mowing in the future. . .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
re

think the last time I used a push mower like that is when I was a kid!
I bought a 34" airnes walk behind last year and used it like 3x. I thought it would be good for those fenced yards that I cant get the big rider into but it was just too slow so I went back to my trusty old lawnboy. The walk behind was OK if your a homeowner that wants to get his lawn done faster but are not in any real hurry. Whereas I can run full speed behind the lawnboy and even though its only 1/2 the cut width its twice as fast.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok to clarify folks, although it is a walk-behind mower, it is not a push mower. It's got a variable speed transmission and it requires no actual "pushing" since the clutch control is what drives it : )

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok to clarify folks, although it is a walk-behind mower, it is not a push mower. It's got a variable speed transmission and it requires no actual "pushing" since the clutch control is what drives it : )
that is part of the problem, I would never use a push mower with self propel. They are twice as heavy, they always break, and they never go as fast as I want to go. A good old fationed true push weighs like 30lbs so its very easy to push. I knew a guy who went out and bought one of those fancy personal pace ones and told me up and down how much better it was, until like 3 months later when it broke and the parts for the self propel were like $150

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
that is part of the problem, I would never use a push mower with self propel. They are twice as heavy, they always break, and they never go as fast as I want to go. A good old fationed true push weighs like 30lbs so its very easy to push. I knew a guy who went out and bought one of those fancy personal pace ones and told me up and down how much better it was, until like 3 months later when it broke and the parts for the self propel were like $150
Well that's terrific : ) you stick to you home owner mower and I will stick to my commercial Honda equipment : )

1 - 20 of 32 Posts