REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Trading for a 4ft x 12 ft trailer tomorrow.

8K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  mtmtnman 
#1 ·
What do you guys use your trailers for primarily? It's a fair trade but I'm trading and awesome ATV for it and the trailer can't give me close to the amount of fun the ATV did. Help me go through with the trade by telling me all the uses!

#2 ·
Hauling debris and hauling equipment. Honestly, a 4x12 is on the small side for this business. You can pick up a 7 x 16 tandem new for around $1200. They hold around 25 cyds. Dump trailers are also used a lot. The bigger the trailer, the fewer trips to the landfill.

#3 ·
I agree, if you like the ATV that much get something more for it. Not sure what its worth, but I bought a 6X16 enclosed trailer for 3,400 brand new recently. ( you can get them cheaper used).I like not advertising my equipment to the world while driving, close the ramp while doing grass cuts, and also use for some debris work. Sometimes go out with only 1 mower, do 10-15 cuts and a trim job, stick tree debris in nose of trailer and it is a good day!:thumbsup:

I think you should get a minimum 6X14, depending on what you are doing with it, Grass cuts, debris,both? But the extra 2 ft makes a big difference.

#9 ·
The guy bought the trailer for $1300 last year to haul wood. Honestly, the ATV is probably only $700. I really should do the deal. It's more of the time that I went into it.

I'm sure you guys know how that is. We spent so much time working on it and so many memories but obviously the trailer is just going to get way more use. I don't have the option of trading with anyone else right now. I have sent hundreds of trade emails to people on the barter section of Craigslist and haven't had a single bite. Thanks for the insight guys!

#10 ·
Again, 4 x 12 is small, too small, for hauling debris, and its real tight for even a home style riding mower plus trimmers, etc.
Most 12' trailers I am aware of are tilt trailers. Worthless for REO work and very tail heavy which causes sway and wagging. Of course, if you don't have the truck to pull a bigger trailer, then maybe that is your best bet.

Missouri is king of the trailers. When I needed one, I always planned a trip thru places like Sikeston. Too far for Michigan boys I suppose.

#13 ·
Ah, he never got back to me today so didn't end up trading yet. I definitely do have the truck power to tow and I have an extended bed but cash is low and I'll be floating on nothing until I get my first check. So if I can save some gas by lessening trips I will be happy.

#17 ·
we run 2@ 20 by 8 by 6 high bumper pull boxes they equal out to 30 cuyds each ,both have beaver tails 1600 each. relit one, bearings and minor work on the other both got 3/8 plywood veneered over the 1/4 luan factory interior walls ( CL end of season landscapers ) a 10 foot by 7 with front overhead basket and side trimmer mount for three trimmers single axle for 1000 needed a deck and tail light ( from friend )
2 @ 2 horse trailers good for a quick 5 to 10 yard trash out
i always go enclosed you dont have to tarp your business is private they work well as off season storage and if you are a long way out in the country you can sleep in one

dont get anything under 7 wide your 60 inch z wont fit and you will be buying one eventually at 10 feet long you can get a z and a walker on
length is dependent on location of work IE if you do mostly inner city work shorter trailers are better but if your out in the country go 30 foot 3 axle gooseneck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.