24 diameter and 36 ft long

Tree Plant Woody plant Grass Land lot

Tree Woody plant Land lot Plant Grass r

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
Just me...since I don't have to fall it...1200
and I would find someone that wants a cord of wood tell them you will cut it for them and sell them the wood for 100 bucks if they load it and haul it away....
people ...at least her are starting to look for firewood for next winter...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I usually break it down to how many man hours to cut up and how many cyd of debris. Usually fnd someone that will take the wood for close to free. I have a couple people I know that always looking for firewood. They usually give me a couple hundred to drop a trailer load off or sometimes they'll come to the property to puck it up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
it would depend on if this is a rural area where very few options to get someone in there or if its close to my coverage area ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have to bid on a tree to remove.
Never bid befor on tree removel
How much should I bid?

24 diameter and 36 ft long

View attachment 201

View attachment 202 r
What could you do it for and make a profit? What I can do it for and what someone else can do it for are two different ball games.. I figure around 850-900 dollars. But its impossible to price a job for someone else..

·
Registered
751 Posts
How much to bid is like asking the best brand of underwear. What works for you may not work for me.

I would figure how long it would take two men to cut it up, load it and dump it plus dump fees and 1 man hour for the truck and tools.

If you are using a skid steer to load it you will need to factor in that cost as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Did you bid the fence repair...after you remove the tree.

The tree looks longer and fatter than that.1150.00.:innocent:

·
Registered
67 Posts
placed a Bid $ 960.00

Thats about what I would bid. I did bid one and got it back for $750 but I also got some other work there at the same time. Mine was about 45' long and 16-20" in diameter. It took me about 3 hours to cut it up and stack it on the trailer by my self. My top limb was about 10' in the air so I pulled out my Stihl pole saw and got to cutting.

I have cut a lot of trees down and removed them over the last 3 years. I cut a 65-70' southern pine down off of a 50' lift. I did not own anything then except a Stihl farm boss chain saw with a 20" bar and chain. I went and bought the pole saw and bought a echo pro trim saw, both of them cost me about $1200 brand new but it was the best money I have spent. I bid $7000 and got $3800 after every one got their cuts. It took me and my helper 2 days and I paid a guy I know $400 to haul it way up the yard with his bobcat. We put it in dump trailers and went about 4 miles to the landfill.

I bid 7 80' tall pine trees that were dead in the tops. Got is back for $5000 and had a guy with a 65' truck come out and top them down to 40' so I could take over. I had three guys stacking on trailers as went. I knew the guy and he only charged me $500 and it only took him and one other guy about 45 mins to get them all. They were right in a line and he had to move the truck once. He tied a rope around at about 60' and then went down and cut them at about 50'. The rope was tied to a (I kid you not) 1989 Toyota truck 4 x 4 and he put tension on the top while he was cutting.

Sorry not to hijack

·
How I wanna be a PP Pro
1,103 Posts
Here is a bid approved for our area...NOTE: this is the amount the Service Company would submit to the Insurance Carrier for reimbursement...Don't forget to add on the Base Service Charges onto the amount under the Tree Removal Line Items. Also, Add on your Service Company Discount (%) amount so you net the amount of reimbursement.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
FYI, tree trimmers insurance is high for a reason. We cut trees and either sell or keep the wood, but we limit the jobs to suburban or rural. You have to consider the equipment such as bucket trucks, chippers, saws, etc. If you are doing it for a regional, you can figure on say 1k, minus 20%, then their 35-50% markup. Maybe less as they like to calculate it all per cyd, cut up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GOT THE BID BACK YESTERDAY FOR $ 960.
did the work today,easy 2 hours and 7 CYD.
tree was bone dry
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
GOT THE BID BACK YESTERDAY FOR $ 960.
did the work today,easy 2 hours and 7 CYD.
tree was bone dry
thanks for the advice

You took a 50% discount before your discount as I'm sure the national turned it in at full insurance rate. Why should they make more than you for pushing paper???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts