REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week I have gotten WO's from 3 nationals with lists of work to be done and an in lieu inspection or a full conveyance PCR with 12 pictures per room, etc. I fell for the first one which needed no work performed so I ended up doing a full conveyance inspection and upload for a trip fee. The other two I had been to before and declined the order as I knew there was no paying work, only a free inspection. Is this a new tactic or just new to me? I very much dislike being treated like a chump. We all do enough discounted work. Now we are to do it for free?

·
Registered
588 Posts
What I do is if they give an order to check the dehumidifier, well that is what we do and send photos.
Once I got an order like that and they tried to send me back to photo all rooms. No the order says dehumidifier. If you want the rest it is an inspection charge.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
In the last week I have gotten WO's from 3 nationals with lists of work to be done and an in lieu inspection or a full conveyance PCR with 12 pictures per room, etc. I fell for the first one which needed no work performed so I ended up doing a full conveyance inspection and upload for a trip fee. The other two I had been to before and declined the order as I knew there was no paying work, only a free inspection. Is this a new tactic or just new to me? I very much dislike being treated like a chump. We all do enough discounted work. Now we are to do it for free?
Wait til you get the bid approval to only cap 5 wires or something stupid like that. It ends up being less than the trip charge.

Typically I've seen orders like this on properties that are conveying in the next few weeks. Everyone gets their underwear all wadded up to make sure the place conveys.....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wait til you get the bid approval to only cap 5 wires or something stupid like that. It ends up being less than the trip charge.

Typically I've seen orders like this on properties that are conveying in the next few weeks. Everyone gets their underwear all wadded up to make sure the place conveys.....
I would cap the wires for free and say I can't find wires needing to be capped to get the higher paying trip charge. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
On these orders, check to see if the client is CHL or BOA. When SG took over the BOA P&P they took over a lot of properties and now need to see if they are ICC.
I get quite a few of these. Fortunately the BOA guys in my area were hacks. I find lots to do at these properties.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.