REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'd really like some input on a good commercial vacuum. I've been through so many over the years, and was wondering which ones you use and like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something like a wet/dry vac or an upright?

Personally like rigid for the wet/dry vac. Throw in a bag and go after it.

Currently using tennent upright vacs for out janitors. Favorite was probably the Windsor versamatic.

Not sure who made them but the old style with the bag on the back were tanks as well, picture below.

Also really like backpack vacs if your working on glue down carpet.

Quite easy to spend $500 on a vac but haven't found that the cheep ones stand up to daily use and good luck getting parts..

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Mtmntman likes the free ones he gets out of REOs.

So what if they only last a couple months.

I buy pawn shop vacs if I need one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Trashoutqueen said:
Hey guys, I'd really like some input on a good commercial vacuum. I've been through so many over the years, and was wondering which ones you use and like.
Buy used rainbow vacs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I routinely trash out my house (7 kids) and constantly suck up large objects, rubber bands, GALLONS of cheerios, broken dishes and anything else on both carpet and hard surfaces.
Also in my wife's 5k sqft retail store she uses one on her glue down carpet.

4yrs on the house vac, and so far 2 yrs on the store vac.
I'll swear by it for any use.

Oreck XL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was ALL about recycling vacuums. Often times would pull 3 or more out of 1 house. A little maintenance, bag, or belt and bam get to suckin. If it's free...then it's for me.

BPWY said:
Mtmntman likes the free ones he gets out of REOs.

So what if they only last a couple months.

I buy pawn shop vacs if I need one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
P3+ said:
I was ALL about recycling vacuums. Often times would pull 3 or more out of 1 house. A little maintenance, bag, or belt and bam get to suckin. If it's free...then it's for me.
Lol. I choose to remove vacuums as a h/h.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just store them little turds in the freezing cold shop...that'll kill all those creepy crawlies.

Oh wait...you haven't seen freezing temps in....how long?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just initial secured a house with 2 detached garages/shops. In one of them is box after box of vacuum cleaner repair parts, belts, hoses, wheels, switches, etc. Even some filters.

Enough parts in there to rebuild every vacuum I might find in the future!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts