REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with them?

They contacted me this morning regarding there expansion back Into northern California. They said they are owned by the same company as ams but are in no way related.

Basically they install security doors and security windows on vacant properties which I'm assuming might be ams properties. And they install security systems there too. They said it is piece work but at a steady pace equals out to $28 a hour. And they pay for removal after the sale. I asked for price of install and they said $16 per door. The prices don't really sound feasible for a business owner but just thought I would post up

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
HUH?????
They are calculating you can hang 1.75 doors per hour...are the doors at the property when you get there?
That sound a little suspect to me...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think I have completed a couple of these. It was completed on houses that had several breakins. They say VPS on the doors and windows covers and they are soild steel and board over the windows. Super secure setup. They are super quick to put up, I think on average it took 10 mins a window with 2 guys. If you have an old house or a window it can be a pain to take out it takes some time because they use up a lot of the openings. Every door has to be taken off the hinges so doors are installed in under 20 mins. They are very large and bulky so they take up a ton of room, plan on having a 20ft trailer or large box truck.

I think you will make out ok as long as you don't have a ton of drive time. You figure the average house you will bill out around $450 or so.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,480 Posts
I think I have completed a couple of these. It was completed on houses that had several breakins. They say VPS on the doors and windows covers and they are soild steel and board over the windows. Super secure setup. They are super quick to put up, I think on average it took 10 mins a window with 2 guys. If you have an old house or a window it can be a pain to take out it takes some time because they use up a lot of the openings. Every door has to be taken off the hinges so doors are installed in under 20 mins. They are very large and bulky so they take up a ton of room, plan on having a 20ft trailer or large box truck.

I think you will make out ok as long as you don't have a ton of drive time. You figure the average house you will bill out around $450 or so.

If this is the case that is not a bad deal......they have you do ALL the doors and windows???
If so, then it becomes feasible...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.