REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
What area are you wishing to cover for them ? I currently work for them and they pay 14-21 days after completion, however prices are a bit on the low side $22 grass, but bc the pay is quick I accept them. Sometimes they can be very demanding and out right rude. If you miss "1" pic they are up your A$$. Can tell you more if you wish so PM me if you more on them.

·
Registered
681 Posts
What area are you wishing to cover for them ? I currently work for them and they pay 14-21 days after completion, however prices are a bit on the low side $22 grass, but bc the pay is quick I accept them. Sometimes they can be very demanding and out right rude. If you miss "1" pic they are up your A$$. Can tell you more if you wish so PM me if you more on them.

$22 for grass is a bit on the low side, you think! I do not understand way people work this cheap or should I say for nothing!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
As a hobby, for my neighbor's grandmother, if I am 16 and need Xbox money...otherwise no. If I am starving or have bills, I would take the many government programs available and stay home with my kids.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see a lot of the same people posting over and over and over. That tells me a few things...1st- your not out working, because your busy posting. 2nd - your not working well because your just plain lazy 3rd- The way some people talk about low prices is crazy. I do between $15-22k per month of Revenue. I service all my equipment and trucks my self, my wife does my paperwork and I have 3 employees too. I turn a pretty good profit even considering gas, materials and whatever. All this on $22 grasses ! I go no farther than 40 miles from the office at those prices. Some people would rather sit at home and make nothing because they believe they are worth $40-50 per lawn, well those days are over.

·
Registered
91 Posts
GTX- so you would rather sit home vs 10 $22 cuts? I'd take making that money for my family inside of sitting on my butt all day doing nothing. That could be why I see your a constant poster.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Thank you for noticing. I'm not trying to be critical of anyone personally; each has their own situation. If you are doing $22 mows and you are good at it, then you are short selling yourself. Are you able to complete a grass cut on a single family home for $50 and leave the customer feeling that they got their monies worth? If you are, then why hold yourself back? $22 grass cuts push the market down, create hacks and a negative image of the industry. Just saying....

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
GTX- so you would rather sit home vs 10 $22 cuts? I'd take making that money for my family inside of sitting on my butt all day doing nothing. That could be why I see your a constant poster.
Dude, you need to chill out. GTX is one of a handful of guys on here that will help people out and knows what he is talking about. Instead of getting defensive, explain to all of us how you make it profitable.

Each of us has our business set up differently and have different requirements for OH, Labor, Materials, Profit and PITA factors. I personally can't make $25 recuts profitable. My son works for me at $8 hour and it just doesn't work. The coverage area is too big and so are the lawns.

Some guys (gals) post to this forum throughout the day using Tapatalk. Besides its none of my business how or when they run their business. I'm off for the next 2 weeks preparing for a large lead/asbestos remodeling job to begin. I'll be on the computer most of the time. That doesn't mean I'm not making money for my family or sitting on my azz all day doing nothing.

I'm all for new people signing up to the forum. Hell a couple months back I was new, although I lurked here and CT since last February. What I don't get is why the "newbies" get all bent out of shape? This is just me personally, but I would shut my mouth and listen to BPWY, Mtmtnman, Wannabe, Swift, PropPresPro, GTX and others. When you've been around here long enough and read enough, you'll know why........

·
Registered
681 Posts

here we go again! If you lose money on one lawn you`ll lose it on ten!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can make lawn cuts work at $22.00 if need be,but why would you want to when you get $60.00 to $100.00 and still stay less than 40 miles from office...

·
Registered
847 Posts
The local lawn service companies around here charge Only $ 17- 25 per cut, for a homeowner's lawn. Average size lot is 40w x 120 Deep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree TAK i just moved to florida to get away from snow and ice working 7days a week in the oil field ill take $22 yards all day people are to lazy anymore living
off OPM (other peoples money) i could be listed disabled but rather make more
money than the gov offers.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,433 Posts
@TAK...I would also like to know how you make lawns work at $22..
Are you carrying the insurance, the business license, are you doing all the work???
While everyone of us understand "feeding my family"...when you work for numbers so low you devaluate you self wroth so much it does effect the entire industry...
I post a video about "paying yourself" and the consequences of not doing so when calculating yor P&L and B&E analysis on facebook...(wish there was that ability here)...
here is the link....
http://www.facebook.com/groups/propprez#!/photo.php?v=122742204559461&set=o.490195657669115&type=2&theater

you can also view it here...
http://www.facebook.com/backslide.bone#!/photo.php?v=122753101225038&set=vb.100004710457113&type=2&theater

Anytime you do not pay yourself and figure your making money you find out down the road you're not...by then it is usually too late...

YOU STATED IN ONE OF YOUR POSTS.....
I service all my equipment and trucks my self, my wife does my paperwork and I have 3 employees too. I turn a pretty good profit even considering gas, materials and whatever.....

Very comendable....how much time does that consume??? I'll bet you dollars to donuts when you sit down and figure everything out you and you wife are working for less than minimum wage....I can generate 20k a month spitting in the wind that does not equate to profit...

You yourself stated they are a pain in the ass to work for so this tells me that there is more administrative time wasted than you want to acknowledge...that is money no metter how you cut it...

As others have stated instead of being some pompas arrogant ass please enlighten us to the reasons that you are so successful..this is afterall a networking site not an an I'm better than you site because I have chosen to sell my sole so the greedy bankers can line their pockets even more, type of site....
On a side note...doing 10 $22 work orders a day traveling 40 miles one way...just for the record...

toi invoice 15 a month for $22 lawn cuts means you whve to do 23 lawns 7 days a week or 681 lawns a month......you may want to consider you statements prior to blasting those of us offering advise for being lazy...some of us actually know how to add and subtract....

1 - 20 of 68 Posts