REO Property Preservation Forum banner

Watch out for this CL troller

11K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  grayghost 
#1 ·
Got on to CL this morning and saw an ad for property preservation. Now I know better but I emailed them anyhow(Works real slow here in CT). They called me up and gave the good old "were one of the leaders in the industry" lines and sent me over a new vendor pack.figured i post the numbers so we could all get a good laugh. For the New guys out there, BE SURE to read the contracts from these CL trollers, this company had hidden fees ($25 program fee, WC fees ECT) in their contractor agreement wich sounded more like a employee agreement

CONTRACT SERVICES PRICE Appliance Removal - (Needs Authorization)
Bid Approval Debris Removal - (All debris including hazards) $20.00 per CYD
Trip Charges - Are applied when you go to the property and there is no work to perform (note: do not charge for a trip when work is complete) $15.00
Locks - $20.00 Locks - Padlock $7.00 Locks- Hasp $7.00
Grass Cuts - (Up to 2,000sqft) $20.00 Grass Cuts - (2001sqft to 15,000sqft) $30.00 Grass Cuts - (Over 15,000sqft or Over 1' Tall entire grass - require a Bid Approval)
Bid Approval Janitorial (Initial and Monthly) $38.00
Pressure Test (as separate client order) $20.00
Thaw Property - (Bid to replace water heater or boiler damaged from freeze) Call for approval
Winterization - Dry $40.00 Winterization - Wet/Radiant Heat $80.00
Install Dehumidifier $200.00
Install Sump Pump $120.00
Outlet Covers ea $2.50
Switch Plates ea $2.50
Repair Pipe Separation $15.00 Cap Pipe $15.00 Cap Wire $4.00 Cap Toilet Bid Approval
Tarping - (Roof or Pool) Call For Pricing Install - Hand Rail Bid Approval Install -
Security Door $75.00
Pump Basement - (Must provide pictures of yard stick/tape measure to show depth) $65 per ft
Boarding Windows ea - (Small 2'x2') $35.00 Boarding Windows ea - (Medium 3'x3') $50.00 Boarding Windows ea - (Large 4'x4') $70.00 Allow Access - 1st Hour $15.00 Allow Access - Additional Hours (Up to 3 Additional Hrs total) -According to work order $10.00 **Work Order Instructions supersede all other instructions **Call Office for Approval to Proceed on Unsecure Properties/Active Leaks/Basement Flooding **Bid Approvals - Anything not on this List requires a Bid Approval **Your Bid Approval Price - Get in Writing/Email **Trip Charges - Only paid when work cannot be completed and billed for at a property

See less See more
#6 ·
Pretty standard Regional pricing from what I've seen. Margins are pretty narrow all around. Take grasscuts, for example:

MCS recuts pay $60. Minus 25% discount is $45 to the Regional. $30 to the contractor leaves $15 to the Regional, who needs to take out his other costs.

The golden days are over, unfortunately. For everyone in this industry.

#14 ·
This is exactly right and more and more nationals will not do business if you don't cover an entire state. We just had a visit from a national and our "FOOTPRINT" was a big issue. You cannot get the business without the coverage and you can't cover without subs. You have to make some money for processing the work so what is the answer?

#12 ·
While all of these prices are a joke and I will not do any work for those prices, apparently there are morons, yes I said morons who are doing the work.
Go ahead and do the work and wait till you figure out that you worked all week and didn't even break even.
I don't care how anybody claims they make money off regional prices sorry but it can't be done.

#17 ·
They are out of touch with reality offering a 24 hr turn around.

They are also way out of touch with reality on the pics they show of their lawn care and their main page pics.

The main page pics look like they are trying to advertise for a resort. Not the turd hole properties that most bank owneds are.

#19 ·
What are the odds that SG will suck up FAS when their company's value becomes nothing?

Or will they just watch them implode and then snag their customer base?

#22 ·
SG is notorious for double billing, poor treatment of their employees, false billing to the client, illegal bid manipulation to even federal agencies (such as FNMA), not to mention of course the fleecing of their vendor network, and using the naivity of a monority to make them think they are doing well when they are not.

I simply do not know who is working for them. Someone needs to blow the whistle. I know the guild is trying, but honestly I just don't know how to bring them down. Klein would rather pay his lawyers than pay his vendors properly. Its just obscene. And they have convinced some vendors that they are their life support and really a fine company to work for.

On the FAS front, I think FAS will just remain small and niche. They are owned by a large company, that will not sell them. Their technology is the best in the field. It blows my mind that they could have class action law suits against them, while SG doesn't Just blows my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.