REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MCS has sent out emails regarding losing some states and gaining some states. NFR has lost a few, no mention of gaining any. Where is all the WF going???

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wells probably got a little kick back when they wanted their contractors to box up personals and put then in the middle of rooms at no additional cost.

·
Registered
26 Posts
MCS has sent out emails regarding losing some states and gaining some states. NFR has lost a few, no mention of gaining any. Where is all the WF going???

Radical Restructuring. You will hear more soon but it's going to blow your mind.
Are they finally gonna take it all back and manage it "the asset managers"? I've heard this rumor for some time and it slowly keeps coming true

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmmm

So lets assume that NFR lost some areas due to work force, lateness, who knows, just assuming properties not being serviced. I have nothing bad to Say about NFR

NFR pays HUD allowable minus the standard 20% fair enough it worked for all of us, HUD lowers the allowable"s this year so work generally maybe slows down a little, maybe who knows.

So MCS and safeguard get there hands back on this contract, no way is this ever ever ever going to get better for Wells Fargo!!!!! These 2 will take way more than NFR leaving the vendor even less :vs_no_no_no::vs_no_no_no:

I simply don't get this approach at all, NFR was by far 1 of the best companies to work for

Preservation and MCS is a quick death,

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
So lets assume that NFR lost some areas due to work force, lateness, who knows, just assuming properties not being serviced. I have nothing bad to Say about NFR

NFR pays HUD allowable minus the standard 20% fair enough it worked for all of us, HUD lowers the allowable"s this year so work generally maybe slows down a little, maybe who knows.

So MCS and safeguard get there hands back on this contract, no way is this ever ever ever going to get better for Wells Fargo!!!!! These 2 will take way more than NFR leaving the vendor even less :vs_no_no_no::vs_no_no_no:

I simply don't get this approach at all, NFR was by far 1 of the best companies to work for

Preservation and MCS is a quick death,
Reread your post everything in it concerns what's best for you the contractor. They want what's best for Wells Fargo.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't get why everyone cares so much about this wells fargo work... I've done wells fargo for MCS and LPS, and I hated every minute of it. They expect everything to be done while at the property. I don't get how this is possible. Cut the grass, trim the bushes and trees, remove the leaves, remove the exterior debris, resecure if necessary, patch roof leak etc. Maybe it's different where I am, but I can't fit all of my equipment on a trailer and then take all of that garbage with me, not to mention leaves need to be dumped separately from any brush, and garbage gets dumped separately from any brush also. Also on the same token if you have planned to visit lets say 10 properties that day, how can you route yourself when you might be at one of them for 6 hours doing everything they want done. Oh and it's due 72 hours after you get the order. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe you're all referring to REO work through them as I am referring to P&P, but I like the old days where everything was bid and when the bid was approved, a new work order was generated to address the bid approval.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've done WF work direct through a local realtor, and it was nothing like what you described. Never unreasonable, paid fast in 7-14 days, normal work. Grass, trashouts, etc... Either I've been incredibly lucky for years, or your issue is who you're doing the WF work for... Mine is through a local realtor. It's probably not my luck, it's probably that I'm just not working for LPS and MCS?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
I've done WF work direct through a local realtor, and it was nothing like what you described. Never unreasonable, paid fast in 7-14 days, normal work.
Without having a middle man in the way, WF has been a very good client over the years.

·
Low quality low cost
2,340 Posts
I've done WF work direct through a local realtor, and it was nothing like what you described. Never unreasonable, paid fast in 7-14 days, normal work. Grass, trashouts, etc... Either I've been incredibly lucky for years, or your issue is who you're doing the WF work for... Mine is through a local realtor. It's probably not my luck, it's probably that I'm just not working for LPS and MCS?

I've had both experiences and the difference seems to be that with the Nationals the property is pre-foreclosure and with the realtor it's usually sold back. The guidelines are totally different.

·
Existing
54 Posts
I don't get why everyone cares so much about this wells fargo work... I've done wells fargo for MCS and LPS, and I hated every minute of it. They expect everything to be done while at the property. I don't get how this is possible. Cut the grass, trim the bushes and trees, remove the leaves, remove the exterior debris, resecure if necessary, patch roof leak etc. Maybe it's different where I am, but I can't fit all of my equipment on a trailer and then take all of that garbage with me, not to mention leaves need to be dumped separately from any brush, and garbage gets dumped separately from any brush also. Also on the same token if you have planned to visit lets say 10 properties that day, how can you route yourself when you might be at one of them for 6 hours doing everything they want done. Oh and it's due 72 hours after you get the order. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe you're all referring to REO work through them as I am referring to P&P, but I like the old days where everything was bid and when the bid was approved, a new work order was generated to address the bid approval.

This is what happens when you work for other companies. They change due dates and give you less time so they can make sure they can get it to the client in time. So if they have a due date of 7days they give you 72 hours so then they have time to review the order, process it, send it back for any necessary RTV's etc and still get it to their client on time. We do repair and rehab for Wells and have done some P&P for them in the past and it was never as horrible as you make it seem... When you get into bed with companies like MCS, LPS, AFAS you may as well just expect the pace you are going at to never change.

Reactions: JoeInPI

·
Registered
457 Posts
I mean I know direct or rehab work would be different but I keep seeing posts about this company or that company loosing wells Fargo work so I figured I would chime in. I cringe when I see that client on orders from the nationals.

·
Registered
666 Posts
When I first saw WF orders, with the BATF

or complete everything and cost estimators etc......it freaked me out a bit too.

By the same token if you get them through a company you can trust, they can be profitable.

Safeguard, really?? Does Wells Fargo expect contractors to complete BATF for Safeguard with their reputation? That won't last very long.

The contractor won't trust Safeguard enough to complete work, Safeguard will charge them back for the items they missed or issue no charge orders, which will feed the cycle and accelerate the race to the bottom. I give them 90 days.

Invoice adjustments happen with BATF work, a simple fact of life, but with Safeguard screwing the contractor is an integral part of their business plan.

·
Existing
54 Posts
or complete everything and cost estimators etc......it freaked me out a bit too.

By the same token if you get them through a company you can trust, they can be profitable.

Safeguard, really?? Does Wells Fargo expect contractors to complete BATF for Safeguard with their reputation? That won't last very long.

The contractor won't trust Safeguard enough to complete work, Safeguard will charge them back for the items they missed or issue no charge orders, which will feed the cycle and accelerate the race to the bottom. I give them 90 days.

Invoice adjustments happen with BATF work, a simple fact of life, but with Safeguard screwing the contractor is an integral part of their business plan.

90 days? I give it less. Hopefully SG messes this up as badly as everything else so they lose Wells.

Reactions: Ohnojim

·
Registered
457 Posts

There should be ZERO adjustments with BATF work. The only reason they get away with it is because the work is already done, what can you do, and most likely your workers are paid also. It's complete BS!!!! I don't care what a cost estimator says, if you don't like my price, then find someone else to do the work. I'm NON NEGOTIABLE!!!! This is why I like bid approvals. If I place a bid for $200 and they cut it to $90, I might submit saying I can't complete for the approved amount, but if it was BATF what can I do? I might have paid my crew $150 and then I lost money.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a formula, losing some is

There should be ZERO adjustments with BATF work. The only reason they get away with it is because the work is already done, what can you do, and most likely your workers are paid also. It's complete BS!!!! I don't care what a cost estimator says, if you don't like my price, then find someone else to do the work. I'm NON NEGOTIABLE!!!! This is why I like bid approvals. If I place a bid for $200 and they cut it to $90, I might submit saying I can't complete for the approved amount, but if it was BATF what can I do? I might have paid my crew $150 and then I lost money.
already priced in. It ain't for everybody!

Yes, it should read bill after the fact, not bid.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts