REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been very slow over the past 2 weeks, slowest in a year.. Is there something going on that anyone knows of ??? Specifically with LPS..? :thumbsup:

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
scuttlebutt is they have lost Chase and are now having some serious problems....

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have been very slow over the past 2 weeks, slowest in a year.. Is there something going on that anyone knows of ??? Specifically with LPS..? :thumbsup:
Yes, same here in So Cal. Fannie seems to be chugging along but our broker direct work has slowed a lot lately. Our brokers haven't rec'd new properties either. Aside from the discomfort of being slow, I don't worry so much unless our brokers are busy and we're not. Volume from Nationals has never been an indicator for me since we've had enormous volume while others complain of being slow. I've also been on the other side of it where I'm trying to figure out who I've pissed off. For the record I'm rarely able to make any sense of it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am holding on to a prediction ( unsubstantiated by any hard data) that repos are going to go to HUD.

FAS has been building steam in their HUD contract awarding and are making changes to the contractors insurance that makes the contractors insurance the MAIN FIRST insurance to be Liable for ANY REPAIRS made and also want a clause that states you cant go after them for reimbursement from their insurance. These clauses are BUllSHAAAT. They are removing themselfs from ALL liability. This would hold them not liable when a property is not vacant yhet you are told to do it or be deactivated. TIME TO BAIL.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Anybody else seeing it pick up? it sure isn't around here. Been doing some bid work but have not been to a new property in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
have rolled only 3 houses since 1/1/13 slow HA molasses in Vermont in the middle of winter moves faster. TAlked to a realtor who said reos are down 87% on hte oother hand some of the agents in his office are BUSY doing BPO's so go figure. I also talked to the local SG rep and he said he ALWAYS has at least 1 order a day. SO I say hold on and Scrimp and save we are in for a dryspell.

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
The past few years I have noticed an pattern in the industry...
Pricing is lowered with some lame excuse at justifying we work for less than minimum wage...everyone bitches and moans....the work loads are haulted and we all bitch and moan about no work then the powers to be let the work go we all shut the **** up cuase we're so friggin' happy to have some work then in 6 weeks we are all bitching again cuase we can't make the new numbers work.....instead of standing together and telling these asshats no on the lower pricing....
So glad we have a farming enterprise that generates revenue without all the BS this industry has.......

OK I'm good now carry on......

·
Registered
95 Posts
It has been real slow in the central valley for us as well. Mostly been doing maid refreshes and recuts on properties we did the initial services on. So far only one initial this year and a few bid approvals. Starting next month im going to advertise in the paper for 3 straight months. I really wanna kick up my lawn service business more. I hate having to rely on preservation work for most of my income. Especially with the ridiculous SG backcharges. They tried backcharging me $2k last month for a job we didnt even do!!!!

·
40 Posts
The past few years I have noticed an pattern in the industry...
Pricing is lowered with some lame excuse at justifying we work for less than minimum wage...everyone bitches and moans....the work loads are haulted and we all bitch and moan about no work then the powers to be let the work go we all shut the **** up cuase we're so friggin' happy to have some work then in 6 weeks we are all bitching again cuase we can't make the new numbers work.....instead of standing together and telling these asshats no on the lower pricing....
So glad we have a farming enterprise that generates revenue without all the BS this industry has.......

OK I'm good now carry on......
Yeah, that about sums it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts