REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP laptop, Nikon coolpics camera, and an iPhone,I cant get infield express to download to my phone so I have to take pics transfer the sim card to the computer,upload the pics to the computer, find a hotspot to upload/submit the orders. This seems less than optimal. I have considered making my phone a hotspot. What do you guys think and how do yo manage your pictures, bid/wo's, internet access. Plus the battery life on my laptop is limited so I have to find a place to charge it at some point during the day. I can't really justify cranking up the gene to charge the computer, but in a pinch. : )

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Phone hotspot is cool.

If you have a verizon smart phone with data package it all counts towards your usage.
I'd have to image the other providers are similar.
Get either a 12v charger for the laptop or an inverter that plugs into the cig lighter.

Reactions: HARRY304E and JDRM

·
Registered
343 Posts
Root / jail break your phone and it will allow access as a hot spot to your laptop and an inverter is a must in the work trucks

·
Registered
751 Posts
You can get a small 150 watt inverter that plugs into the power port/gicarette lighter in your truck for about $20. That will solve the battery problem on the laptop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have a Sony Cybershot, Iphone, and HP Laptop.
Normally, we just take the pics.
While going to the next property, we resize and date them.
When we are done for the day, we upload everything.
By that point it only takes a few mins per property.

No big deal.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have an HP laptop, Nikon coolpics camera, and an iPhone,I cant get infield express to download to my phone so I have to take pics transfer the sim card to the computer,upload the pics to the computer, find a hotspot to upload/submit the orders. This seems less than optimal. I have considered making my phone a hotspot. What do you guys think and how do yo manage your pictures, bid/wo's, internet access. Plus the battery life on my laptop is limited so I have to find a place to charge it at some point during the day. I can't really justify cranking up the gene to charge the computer, but in a pinch. : )
We use iPhones and iPads in the field. Use an ap that zips it for us and have it emailed to the office to process. I usually do the bid work and I have my laptop with me. I'd say do a hotspot feature on your phone or get a wifi hot spot.

I have unlimited data on 2 lines and I won't give it up. AT&T won't allow me to tether or enable the hot spot feature on my unlimited lines. Going to pick up and Galaxy Note II today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We use iPhones and iPads in the field. Use an ap that zips it for us and have it emailed to the office to process. I usually do the bid work and I have my laptop with me. I'd say do a hotspot feature on your phone or get a wifi hot spot.

I have unlimited data on 2 lines and I won't give it up. AT&T won't allow me to tether or enable the hot spot feature on my unlimited lines. Going to pick up and Galaxy Note II today or tomorrow.
What is the app that let's you zip them up?
Winzip?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Resize and date stamp with faststone. Its free and fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts