REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing trashouts what has been the best stuff you've found that you kept or could have kept? Found a 1910 Piano Bjur Bro's antique. It's 3CY and heavy so we're getting $120 to remove it and probably another $100 minimum when we sell it.

Always a lot of furniture that usually isn't worth keeping but my dump charges more for furniture that can't fit right in there compressor so I usually sell it for a few bucks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've done a few pianos also... I recall the Laurell and Hardy movie every time. Most times even thou it's an antique you just can't move or store it to make it pay and it's last tune is as it's falling off your trailer at the dump

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm sorry, didn't mean to burst you outlook.. The things I've found have been furnished my appartment as well as alot of friends. It's hard to keep all the salvagables in the time they give you to get the job done

·
Registered
15 Posts
New Carhartt jacket fit perfect, a little musty took to dry cleaner. 22 rifle in attic, JC Higgins sold at Sears in the 60s

·
Registered
92 Posts
Back when I did clean-outs I found a underwater spear fishing gun looked brand new, still have it, was told by dive shop I could get $300 for it. The thing I miss the most is all the unopened oil, grease and other things like that I would get from the garages.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Usually the only things I keep are tools I can use for work. I've found several crappy weedeaters that I let the new guys use. But what I do keep always keep, and my guys laugh at me for this, is spare change found in drawers or just about anywhere. My workers tease me about it but I tell them that's how I make payroll ; )

·
Registered
178 Posts
my favourites are: $10k in silver coins, $3k in gold nuggets, m1911, vintage aiplane propeller, trampoline, expensive tools, beer fridge, very nice furniture, you know the usual

·
Registered
616 Posts
8K generator in a field. Went to see if it turned over and wasps came out. Went back wasp spray in hand. A little gas in the carb it fired right off . Cleaned the carb changed gas and flushed the tank. Used it for 8 years and sold it. Got a smaller one that does not require hurnia surgery every year to load Ususal odds and ends lawn mowers fix it only if it is a briggs or honda use it (ABuse it) for a year and sell it. After 2 years of that I could afford a new one for t he reocc yards and one of the finds I use for the initial yards

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
my favourites are: $10k in silver coins, $3k in gold nuggets, m1911, vintage aiplane propeller, trampoline, expensive tools, beer fridge, very nice furniture, you know the usual

Oh you just suck, you know that?

Nice find on the m1911. :thumbup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
1961 Fender Stratocaster. In case you wonder what's it's worth. google it. even in rough shape - $8k
Sitting in a bedroom floor with clothes and trash on top of it. One of my crew was headed to the dumpster with it. Luckily I saw it and knew what it was.

Attachments

Reactions: Stateline

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive gotten 1200 sf of wood flooring (Real Wood ) out of a house. Put it down in the living room. 42 inch Flat Panel TV (Still in box). Full Master Bedroom bed set. So many tools can count.
I always find gold at these houses. Just found 2 14k gold rings and 4 14k gold bracelets. Best thing about trashouts is all the extra money made from metal, extension cords, copper, romex wires and such. More than makes up for shi**y pricing or a cut invoice !

·
Registered
616 Posts
Ive gotten 1200 sf of wood flooring (Real Wood ) out of a house. Put it down in the living room. 42 inch Flat Panel TV (Still in box). Full Master Bedroom bed set. So many tools can count.
I always find gold at these houses. Just found 2 14k gold rings and 4 14k gold bracelets. Best thing about trashouts is all the extra money made from metal, extension cords, copper, romex wires and such. More than makes up for shi**y pricing or a cut invoice !
True that I had one house that was an EX linemans 200dollars in copper and metal fittings. Also because of location it was a money maker NO competition !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
had a personal property trashout, old house lady must have died and left all her old antique furniture as it was, called my antique friend offered me $2500 for the contents, i told him to have what he wanted out in 2 days then i i have to finish it. he removed about 40 cyrds of stuff for me, i'm sure he probably got 10k or something for the furniture but i'm not in that business.

·
Banned
232 Posts
I trashed out a house that belonged to a dentist who passed away. Found a container in the attic and one in a closet. Both about the size of a deck of cards.Both packed full of dental gold. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
231 Posts
1961 Fender Stratocaster. In case you wonder what's it's worth. google it. even in rough shape - $8k
Sitting in a bedroom floor with clothes and trash on top of it. One of my crew was headed to the dumpster with it. Luckily I saw it and knew what it was.
Please,Please,Please tell me your a player!!!!,otherwise PM me I have to have it!!!:censored::censored:

·
Registered
95 Posts
had a personal property trashout, old house lady must have died and left all her old antique furniture as it was, called my antique friend offered me $2500 for the contents, i told him to have what he wanted out in 2 days then i i have to finish it. he removed about 40 cyrds of stuff for me, i'm sure he probably got 10k or something for the furniture but i'm not in that business.
Did he take durings and progressive photos of his trailer when he was loading up the antiques? :whistling2:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Please,Please,Please tell me your a player!!!!,otherwise PM me I have to have it!!!:censored::censored:
Sorry man, I held onto it for about two months, just in case I got the email wanting to know where it was. Then I found a guy that collects and refurbishes old Strats. Paid for me and my wife to take a vacation...and then some.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts