REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend works directly for the owner of Safeguard. They're given these huge, expensive foreclosures all the time. Last week they got a 2010 Mercedes. Before that they found a 2003 Camaro, numerous flat screen Tv's, guns, coin collections, etc. For the cars they had to go through a long process to get them but they ultimately got them free of charge!

What's the best item you've found?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
My friend works directly for the owner of Safeguard. They're given these huge, expensive foreclosures all the time. Last week they got a 2010 Mercedes. Before that they found a 2003 Camaro, numerous flat screen Tv's, guns, coin collections, etc. For the cars they had to go through a long process to get them but they ultimately got them free of charge!

And one day they will go to jail or be suid for stuff like that. Safeguard is BY FAR the most unscrupulous company in the business. I just had a company TRY to give a SG work order last Friday on a property to "remove debris" (personals) Most unseasoned guys would figure SCORE!!! 1st thing i did is went to county records. Home was foreclosed on and sold at the courthouse steps 10/2011. 2 weeks later the sale was rescinded and it went back to PPO. Can't remove personals on a PPO. They said OK we'll re-assign it. GOOD! I don't want anything to do with that! I'll be the 1st one to tell the owner who took their chit too. After it goes to sale here and is posted for 10 days it's up for grabs. Best thing i got was a 97 Powerstroke F350. Haven't had a chance to work on it yet. Just using it for parts as it's really not worth the hassle of titling as it had a rough life......

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be too scared to take anything really. I've lost all my belongings more than once due to being evicted so I know what it feels like. The same friend has taken stuff from foreclosed homes and put them in storage at his cost until they got a hold of the family.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

Tell me, does this sound right to any of you? Here we have people struggling, losing their home, jobs etc...and some FNG'S thinks its ok to do these things?? Come on man. You're taking what little some of these people have left! They could sell these items to help move or relocate. It's people like you and your friend who gives honest contractors a bad name. This is just awful. Only a hack idiot would think this is ok.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tell me, does this sound right to any of you? Here we have people struggling, losing their home, jobs etc...and some FNG'S thinks its ok to do these things?? Come on man. You're taking what little some of these people have left! They could sell these items to help move or relocate. It's people like you and your friend who gives honest contractors a bad name. This is just awful. Only a hack idiot would think this is ok.
They're contractors, not a charity. No obligation to get keep anything. The cars have to be removed. He doesn't go to someones house and take the cars, they are left there.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
They're contractors, not a charity. No obligation to get keep anything. The cars have to be removed. He doesn't go to someones house and take the cars, they are left there.
Dr Phil, I understand that. If you know anything about this business. Most of the items this guy spoke about would never get approved on a PPO to be removed. On an REO, maybe. SG doesn't not allow you to keep any vehicles removed from a property. Or didn't when I worked for them. I don't know of any other national or regional that would allow that either.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Removed by a licensed towing company and stored with all paperwork and contact info forwarded to Safeguard.

·
Motivator
267 Posts
No flippin way would I keep anything. Around here a lot of people are just walking away from houses full of personals. Reason...bedbug infestation! No thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Broker contacted us last week regarding an eviction we did in April 2012. Previous owner is suing heaven and earth for the loss of his personals. Fortunately we always cya, but it happens.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Broker contacted us last week regarding an eviction we did in April 2012. Previous owner is suing heaven and earth for the loss of his personals. Fortunately we always cya, but it happens.
You have some of the best replies on here! What kind of stuff did you guys take out?

·
Registered
343 Posts
i got a a dynamite detonator , still have it ,massey ferguson diesel tractor, 6 person golf cart , a five gallon jug half full of change ( funded most of the comp picnic ) a lot of carhart clothing and one of my PPO homes that im waiting to convert has a one person build it yourself helicopter in boxes the motor is on the table in the kitchen ,, I Chit you not

1 - 20 of 34 Posts