REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone thinks about PK Management group? They have taken over the HUD 3.6 contract. They pay a bundled price for initial services to include heavy sales clean, hazzard abatement, lawn care ect. They expect you to trim shrubs, trim tree's, clean gutters, wash windows, window sills,baseboards, appliances, build railings and the list goes on, and all this for one set price. So I figure they are pretty much getting rich off their vendors because I am sure they are getting paid for each and everything you do at these properties, or is HUD paying them a bundled price? Not likely. And if they aren't getting paid a bundled price than why do they need before, during, and after of everything you do!:glare:

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Just wondering what everyone thinks about PK Management group? They have taken over the HUD 3.6 contract. They pay a bundled price for initial services to include heavy sales clean, hazzard abatement, lawn care ect. They expect you to trim shrubs, trim tree's, clean gutters, wash windows, window sills,baseboards, appliances, build railings and the list goes on, and all this for one set price. So I figure they are pretty much getting rich off their vendors because I am sure they are getting paid for each and everything you do at these properties, or is HUD paying them a bundled price? Not likely. And if they aren't getting paid a bundled price than why do they need before, during, and after of everything you do!:glare:
Nice Intro. Welcome to the forum. Post an intro and people may be more willing to help you out. Until then try the search function and look under "PKMG" or "PK management".....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the intro thing over a year ago. My mistake that was contractor talk. My name is Debby and I have been doing P&P work for almost 3 years now. I have been working for only 1 regional since I started but get alot of offers from others that I just cannot accept as the pay is too low. Is there anything else I should include in my intro?

·
Registered
124 Posts
welcome Debby! I've never worked with PKMG because their price list is a joke! I have worked with some other HUD FSM companies with pricing that doesn't make me laugh. It's a shame if PKMG was awarded a sole contract for any area.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
PK contacted us as if we had won the publisher's clearing house. Acted like we solicted them. Emailed us continuously, even though we didn't respond, regarding the "next stage of application/training/etc". I could not in good conscious offer to my guys what they were will to pay and for what they expected to be done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
HUD is a bidding process.PK came in at such a low price they where awarded a big contract. From what I heard it came at a great time because HUD runs out of money so they say and when they do a new contract they are awarded more money.

This is what I have heard from some people, not sure how true it is

·
Registered
343 Posts
PK contacted us as if we had won the publisher's clearing house. Acted like we solicted them. Emailed us continuously, even though we didn't respond, regarding the "next stage of application/training/etc". I could not in good conscious offer to my guys what they were will to pay and for what they expected to be done.

Sounds Bout right there

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
I did the intro thing over a year ago. My mistake that was contractor talk. My name is Debby and I have been doing P&P work for almost 3 years now. I have been working for only 1 regional since I started but get alot of offers from others that I just cannot accept as the pay is too low. Is there anything else I should include in my intro?
Welcome back Debby.

PK has a pretty bad rap around these parts. Most people have dumped them or ran when they first saw the price sheet. The search function will be your friend as they been discussed in detail a few months back. I'd place odds that you'll find the pay is too low........

·
Banned
232 Posts
I get weirded out when i see bundle prices.Those can bring a ton of headache.

For instance with that bundle you most likely have to do switch and plug cover plates. So if there are 20 plates missing you are stuck with replacing 20 plates. And the list goes on.

I stay away from bundles :thumbsup:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I get weirded out when i see bundle prices.Those can bring a ton of headache.

For instance with that bundle you most likely have to do switch and plug cover plates. So if there are 20 plates missing you are stuck with replacing 20 plates. And the list goes on.

I stay away from bundles :thumbsup:
Too bad most trying to go too it! I personal hate bundles or flat rates! still work for Cyprexx (love hate realtionship) Kicked FAS to the curb there new flat rate BS

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can search the government contracts website and see even before being awarded 3.6, that they have had a series of massive gov contracts awarded for various things. My assumption (which could be wrong), is just that they have someone who is really good at navigating the gov contracts and may even have someone they are familiar with in an authoritative position.

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts

·
Business Consultant
Media, Investigative Journalism, Business Consultant
1,431 Posts
I've written a couple articles on this company...there are post everywhere on how they rooked everyone by calling BEFORE placing their bid to see what everyone could complete the services for...then came in with numbers 65-70% less than they agreed to in verbal negotiations...then when confronted claimed they were just conducting a "survey" as they could not agree to any pricing PRIOR to being awarded the contract....

IMHO they are a crap company that has a dirty laundry list about as long as Safeguard.

Oh yeah...they bill $303 for the inspection/maid/lawn cut they pay you 40 on that should tell you all you need to know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts