Let's get a thread going with FACTS on why you should not get into this industry. I just made a big post in another thread complaining about some things so lets make this post for anyone looking to get into the industry and why they will fail.
- Work isn't guaranteed.
- 30-60 Day Payment schedule. If you miss one picture you don't get paid for that particular job.
- Huge insurance policies required for each company.
- You don't know what you're doing and there is no learn as you go. If you mess up, not only are you out the materials and time. You have to pay the next guy to fix your mess.
- If you somehow get a contract with a company as a new guy, they will rip you off. This is not a conspiracy. This is what they will do and you can't do anything about it.
- You're not going to mansions. You will be in the ghetto with people yelling at you and asking questions.
- The debris won't be clean furniture. It will be rotten diapers soaked in cat piss.
- You can't sleep in. This isn't a free money job, a lot of people seem to think it is. It literally is 12+ hour days to get these homes in conveyance. If you don't meet your deadline all the work you did was just done for free.