REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yawn: :yawn:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is copy/paste from A2Z's latest newsletter.

Some points are OK, others....... :lol: :lol:

Didn't we just talk about this????????????

An air compressor is required to be used on all winterizations. Compressors with a holding
capacity of five (5) gallons or more are recommended. Portable air tanks, small air pumps, and hobbyist compressors
are not acceptable.

WOW, they'd better pay a whole lot better if they want me to use this much RV antifreeze.

Anti-freeze amounts— 1 gallon of RV antifreeze should be used per toilet and ½ gallon per drain is required. A
small splash into a drain does not effectively displace enough water to prevent freezing.

What hack tried this one?

Handheld air nozzles pushed into or held up
to faucets are not acceptable.

They didn't think this one thru at all.

Missing Plumbing—A full pressure test is not required if water heater is missing, or some plumbing or fixtures
have been removed from the home if proper photo documentation is provided. Line blowing is still required
as long as piping remains inside of the home.
So how exactly are we going to blow the lines if there is missing plumbing fixtures etc but some of the piping remains??????

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
They believe that if you can't push the water out with your compressor you will with that much of the pink stuff. I know of private plumbers who are charging additional per gallon, per toilet, per water heater on their wints, and getting it.

·
Super Moderator
1,243 Posts
They believe that if you can't push the water out with your compressor you will with that much of the pink stuff. I know of private plumbers who are charging additional per gallon, per toilet, per water heater on their wints, and getting it.
5 Years ago that is the way my price sheets were broke down too. Two WH's per house seems to be the norm for the newer houses around here. My record for most WH's winterized in the same house is 5!

I still will charge accordingly for additional water heaters, toilets (over 3), etc., not only to private customers and local banks, but also the 1 regional I do work for, so far they seem to understand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts