REO Property Preservation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the high number of threads regarding property preservation and such, I'm looking forward to some great input on this question :clap:

With that said, I'm bidding the renovation of a house in Western NJ where the Client wants to streamline the process of draining the pipes in the winter months. There's a good chance the plumbing risers and branch lines will be re-done as part of this project, so I'm curious if anyone has suggestions on how to best design the plumbing infrastructure to make draining and blowing out the lines as easy as possible.

If anything about my question is unclear, feel free to put me on the hot seat. Thanks y'all.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it's all being redone, then PEX with a multi-port manifold will be the best way to go. Isolating the branches makes for ease of clearing the lines. Additionally adding a couple hose bib fittings strategically placed for forced air is a benefit. One at the high point, and one at the low point should be sufficient (also aids in vacuum locks when gravity draining). Adding bibs to the manifold wouldn't be a bad idea, I personally think it's overkill though.
Minimizing the dips and valleys in the pipe routing is the critical thing to do, especially if the homeowner is simply doing a gravity bleed down. Keep 'em as vertical as possible and try to avoid flat runs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts