REO Property Preservation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Motivator
267 Posts
I heard the gorilla lifts had cable problems with the plastic coating so I made my own works really well.
Over the years I've had both Gorillas and EZGates...and speaking from experience. I would only install Gorilla Lifts on my gates. I've seen some people "make" their own lift assists, but at the low price of the Gorillas why bother with the time involved?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
When I had my trailer built 2 years ago I didn't have gorilla lift assist installed.
Like a D A I would break my back to lift my heavy gate day in and day out.
Its over built so that I don't have bending and warping issues. I roll a 1500 lb mower in and out all day. No issues.

I have one on one side and now I can lift the gate with my weak side.
Last summer I hurt my left shoulder bad, including a pinched nerve and for the rest of the summer it wasn't of much value to me.
I still don't have all the strength back but the gorilla lift closes the gate so easily.

If ya'll aint got one I'd highly recommend getting one.

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
That side gate has to be a real PITA to lift

The side gate was supposed to be back farther and the tool box hanging outside on the front wall of the trailer.
Not inside the way it is. So that gate is of no value to me because the builder didn't do what I would have ASSUMED was common sense.

Oh well, it is made heavily thats for sure. I guess thats the main thing.

Their paint job sucked too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Over the years I've had both Gorillas and EZGates...and speaking from experience. I would only install Gorilla Lifts on my gates. I've seen some people "make" their own lift assists, but at the low price of the Gorillas why bother with the time involved?
I had all the materials on hand. A little over an hour to do. So why not?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.